Learning Polish at UL
The University takes pride in the first School of Polish for Foreign Students in Poland which is the oldest centre of its kind in Poland. It has been in operation since 1952.
The main activities involve educating foreigners in the fields of the language, history and culture of Poland, training the future teachers of Polish as a Foreign Language, cooperating with Polish Embassies and Institutes of Polish Culture abroad, writing and publishing widely used by other schools textbooks and teaching materials, organising meetings and conferences at national and international level.
The school runs courses which prepare foreign students for their studies in Poland. It offers basic courses of Polish as well as thematic Polish language courses in history, geography, biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics and philosophy, with a view to giving prospective students the knowledge needed in Polish institutions of higher education.
Types of offered courses:
1) 1 month course of Polish (ca 120 hours) in August (fee: 480 EUR ) – apply before the 1st of July
2) 5 month course of Polish (ca 450 hours) beginning in October (and March) – fee: 1700 EUR registration fee – apply before the 1st of February (for a course starting from March) or the 1st of September (for a course starting from October)
3) 9 month preparatory course (ca 800-900 hours) beginning in October for applicants pursuing university studies in Poland (an applicant may choose one specialization – humanities, medical sciences, technical sciences, economy or agriculture for specialized course of Polish) – fee: 3000 EUR
4) 9 month preparatory course (ca 800-900 hours) beginning in October for applicants pursuing postgraduate and doctor studies (the permission of the Polish Ministry of Education is required) – fee: 3000 EUR
5) 1-year Polish language course (600 hours) starting on the 1st of October (registration till the 1st of September) – fee: 2200 EUR.
6) 2-semester Polish language course (900 hours) starting on the 1st of October (registration till the 1st of September) – fee: 3200 EUR.
Besides the above mentioned prices and fees the participants have to pay board and accommodation costs. A bed in our hostel is 400 PLN/month. When lodging in the Students’ Hostel (UL Dormitory), it is necessary to pay the refundable deposit of 700 PLN.
Students who complete our preparatory courses are accepted at all Polish universities. The experience has shown that our students are able to complete their studies in Polish successfully.
All programs include afternoon activities : lectures (contemporary Poland, literature and culture), sight-seeing tours, excursions and theatre and museum visits.
The studies give you the ability to master the Polish language in situations requiring the spoken and written use of the language. You will gain the knowledge and skills to take an active part in everyday conversations. You will be able to understand and express written opinions on a wide range of topics related to your future studies. While being in our school you will have the opportunity to become familiar with Polish culture, traditions and the life of Polish people.
For more information visit the webpage: