The admission for degree studies: 4 May to 15 July 2017
Admission platform for non-EU candidates: https://admission.uni.lodz.pl/
Admission platform for European Union citizens: https://rekrutacja.uni.lodz.pl/cudzoziemcy
If you have any questions that are not explained on the ISO and admission websites, please contact our officers at: email@example.com
Details of the admission process will depend on your citizenship.
I. FOR CANDIDATES FROM THE EUROPEAN UNION / EFTA
If you are interested in enrollment at the University of Lodz, you should sign up through the IRK online platform. Click on the link below (English version available):
ENROLLMENT SCHEDULE FOR THE 2017/2018 ACADEMIC YEAR:
Full-time first cycle, and long cycle studies:
– Registration to the IRK online enrollment platform, and the application fee payment – from 9 May to 6 July 2017*.
– Online publication of the lists of applicants qualified for studies – till 18 July 2017.
– Submitting the documents from 19 July 2017 to 21 July 2017.
Documents sent by post are to be submitted till 24 July 2017 (date as postmarked – 22 July 2017).
Full-time second-cycle studies:
– Registration to the IRK online enrollment platform, and the application fee payment – from 9 May to 14 July 2017*.
– Entrance exams/Interviews 21 July 2017.
– Online publication of the lists of applicants qualified for studies – till 26 July 2017.
– Submitting the documents from 26 July 2017 to 28 July 2017.
Documents sent by post are to be submitted till 2 August 2017 (date as postmarked – 31 July 2017).
II. FOR CANDIDATES FROM OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION / EFTA
If you are interested in admission for studies at the University of Lodz, you should sign up through the ADMISSION IRK online platform and upload the required documents. Click on the link below:
Only on rare occasions when having problems with the ADMISSION IRK online platform you may contact us directly and send documents via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or postal service.
ADMISSION BEGINS ON 4 MAY 2017*
DEADLINE FOR SENDING APPLICATIONS – 15 JULY 2017*
Candidates that have not applied on ADMISSION IRK on time, that is before 15 July 2015, but have all the required admission documents ready are asked to promptly contact the office by e-mail: email@example.com.
The academic year 2017/2018 starts on 2 OCTOBER 2017*
There are two ways of applying for the studies:
- ADMISSION BASED ON THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS – the candidate brings the required documents to the International Students Office (ISO).
- ADMISSION BASED ON THE COPIES OF DOCUMENTS – the candidate uploads the scans of the documents to THE ADMISSION IRK online platform. When the candidate is admitted, he/she is obliged to deliver original documents after his/her arrival in Poland. Please note, that this procedure mode entails a risk of not having your (pre-paid) tuition fees reimbursed, if you fail to provide the UL with original documents.
FIRST STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
The candidate is required to complete a set of documents:
– an application form
– copies of certificates and diplomas,
– a copy of transcript of records,
– an English language certificate,
– a cover letter (how to write a cover letter),
– a copy of the passport page with the holder’s data and picture,
and upload to THE ADMISSION IRK online platform or on rare occasion send them to the International Students Office. Copies/scans of the foregoing documents are allowed, since students need to bring the original documents with them after being admitted to the university. If the documents are issued in a foreign language, they need to be translated into English during the admission if Polish translation is unavailable in the candidate’s home country. Please bare in mind that diplomas, transcrips, statements will have to be translated by a sworn translator into Polish after coming to Poland due to Polish law’s requirement.
The documents are considered on their merits.
SECOND STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
After a positive decision is made, the candidate is given bank account information to pay the administrative fee and the tuition fee for studies. A proof of payment must be returned to the International Students Office via IRK platform. The candidate is sent a Conditional Acceptance Letter and asked to legalize his/her documents. In some cases, the candidate is asked to contact the Polish Embassy (or diplomatic mission) in his/her country to legalize the documents first (or obtain the stamp of Apostille) before a Conditional Acceptance is made.
In order to receive a visa, the student needs to contact the Polish Embassy or Consulate appropriate for their country. The documents needed to get a visa are similar or correspond, to some degree, with those needed for the enrolment process into the university. Usually the Embassy asks to see the proof of the tuition payment and the financial statement of the funds needed to study in Poland.
Students wishing to obtain a room in the university dormitory need to fill in the Accommodation request (a place in the university dormitory in a double room costs about $100-130 a month). The place cannot be guranteed, there is no single rooms.
FINAL STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Upon his/her arrival in Poland, a candidate is required to present all the original documents listedhere. Only then a candidate officially becomes a student of the University of Lodz.
Every candidate who applies for the studies using the copies or scans of the documents is to be asked to sign the statement in which they agree to provide the University of Lodz with the original documents upon their arrival to Poland. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in a removal from the list of candidates.
Please bear in mind that diplomas, transcripts, statements will have to be translated by a sworn translator into Polish after coming to Poland due to Polish law’s requirement.
Unless the candidate holds a grant of his/her government, there is a tuition fee that applies to different studies, both in Polish and English. Candidates who present a proof of Polish origin, pay 50% less. Citizens of the EU member states follow the same procedure as Polish citizens. For more updated details on tuition fees, please contact the International Students Office.
(*) exact dates will be provided soon