Study in Polish
If you wish to study at the University of Lodz in Polish, please see the available fields of study in Polish.
There are 3 ways to study at the University:
1. On the same terms as Polish citizens – those entitled to do so are: citizens of the EU member states, holders of the Karta Polaka, and a few other categories (read more about the terms);
2. As Polish government scholarship holders, as free-from-fee holders of scholarship from a governmental institution of their country of origin, as holders of scholarship from an educational institution, or as holders of scholarship from a natural or legal person;
3. As individuals on a fee-paying basis.
All of the candidates are required to contact the International Students Office to make sure they follow the right procedure. Each of the groups have a different admission procedure (read more).
Knowledge of Polish language should be proven with:
1) a certificate issued by the State Commission for the Certification of Proficiency in Polish as a Foreign Language (Państwowa Komisja Poświadczania Znajomości Języka Polskiego jako Obcego)
2) a completion of a one-year preparatory course at one of the schools certified by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education (Ministerstwo Nauki i Szkolnictwa Wyższego), for example The School of Polish for Foreigners at the University of Lodz
3) an interview with the Dean of the Faculty you are applying at.